We're on the hunt for a few good articles.
We're looking for relatively short articles, quick reads with something to say. While we're pretty open, the ideal article is probably about 5-7 paragraphs. It should be pretty easy to knock that out, but don't feel constrained if you have more to say than that.
Gave an interview once? Turn that into a short article. Written a book? Feel free to modify an exceprt from there.
Writing an article is a great way to promote yourself or your projects.
Primarily, the articles should be relevant to filmmakers. Useful tips or a point-of-view on a particular topic are perfect. Share your experiences.
There are so many topics to choose from! Here are a few quick ideas to get the juices flowing.
- What makes a good script
- How to find scripts
- Option agreements
- Fund raising
- Do you need a business plan?
- Business structuring
- Music contracts
- Dealing with the unions
- Finding good help
- Pifalls in production
- How to successfully market with low / no budget
- The relevance of film festivals
- Film festival strategies & tips
- Distribution strategies / state of the industry
- Point-of-view on the future of indie film
- Who's making money on indie films?
- Other ideas? We'd love to hear them.
Send us a note on our contact page and we'll go from there. Can't wait to see what you come up with!